Tuesday, December 9, 2014

What's "The Best Headphone" Out There? Music Fans Survey and Tips


I am not kind of a person who would spend a lot of money on headphone, but I like good headphones kust like anybody. I listen to a lot of music, and often times I find myself going through headphones very quickly. The dilemma is this, you spend a fortune on a pair of headphones, you love them and them boom, you forget them and you are under by 150 dollars.

you get the cheap kind, and they do an OK job but frankly cheap quality headphones make it much hrader to feel the music or to fall in love with it. Plus, they do change the way music should be enjoyed, at some point some of these cheap headphones make your favorite artist sound like someone you would never listen to anyway.

Picking the best headphones is no easy task. There are hundreds of pairs out there, from $8 throwaway ones to those that costs thousands of dollars, yes, thousands. I started as Sony, Philips, Panasonic sort of guy, then I was happy with Creative brand. However for  a big while, I was a Skullcandy guy, then I went the Sennheiser route, passed by JLab JBuds. I owned average pairs of Rosewill, Coby I admit I have never used the higher end brands like Bose, Beats, and such. I did test them however and I approve. I do tend to only buy earbuds.

The Beats By Dre range have brought headphones to public prominence but you won't find any rapper-branded headphones in our list of best headphones. We're after sound quality, comfort and pure design only.

The question is, which headphones should you invest your hard earned cash on?
  1. Decide between earbuds or headphones.
  2. Remember that you get what you pay for.
  3. Evaluate the headphones' sound isolation
  4. Investigate the frequency range
  5. Don't look for noise-canceling features unless you're willing to shell out the big bucks
  6. Test them out
  7. Look for the impedance of the headphones

Be Warned 

Be especially careful with noise-reduction headphones (headphones in general) while driving, riding a bike, or even walking in the streets. Besides the desired distraction music might provide, you may miss early warnings of upcoming danger.

It is generally unsafe to use headphones for a long time, as pressure waves travel directly to the eardrum, causing accumulative long-term hearing loss. Prudent volume and frequent rests are advisable.

Some people do get headaches from heavy headphones. This might be caused by poor fit/construction to begin with or simply listening to music at too high a volume.

What do you guys recommend without breaking the bank?


0 comments:

Post a Comment